|5 of 6 prints from The Continuing Project, by The Press at CC. Available here.|
CALL FOR ENTRIES! PLEASE SHARE WIDELY!
AMPLIFY & MULTIPLY: Recent Printed Activist Ephemera
Sign-up Deadline: February 24, 2017
Arrival Deadline: March 16, 2017
Exhibition Dates: March 27 – April 17, 2017
Reception: Friday, March 31, 2017, 4 - 6 pm
Return Shipment: April 25, 2017
AMPLIFY & MULTIPLY will be an exhibition of activist/social/political printed posters, protest signs, objects, fundraiser publications, and other ephemera, made in (roughly) the last 6 months, advocating for social and environmental justice, equality, and the rights of oppressed people. This is a show that will stand in opposition to fascism, racism, white supremacy, misogyny, and every other horrible tool that power uses to maintain its killing grip. We are looking for work that has been deployed in the real world, as opposed to being made just for this show. This show is not limited to professional artists. It is open to anyone who has felt compelled by recent events to produce and share a message in the print medium.
The show will be held in Colorado Springs, at Colorado College’s Coburn Gallery, from March 27 to April 17, 2017.
IMPORTANT: As this is a show of ephemera, we are not planning on returning the pieces. If you want your pieces returned, you must notify us in advance and use reusable packaging that includes a return shipping label. All of the work that we keep at Colorado College will be housed in a permanent archive in Tutt Library’s Special Collections, accessible to students and the general public.
Please email Aaron Cohick at email@example.com if you are going to participate, and please also note if you can donate your pieces or if you would like them returned. The deadline for sign-ups is February 24, 2017.
- All work must be printed (letterpress, screenprint, offset, digital, Riso, etc.). We will not exhibit hand-lettered signs.
- Send as many pieces as you like. Multiple copies are great and will all be displayed if there is space.
- Work should have been made since August of 2016, but that is flexible. Definitely nothing before 2016.
- No fee. No jury. No sales. No trolls.
- Artists are responsible for shipping costs to and from Colorado College. See “Shipping” below for more info.
- Unframed works/objects only
- The exhibition will be hung salon-style, using binder clips hung on push pins.
- Objects that are not posters (like tote bags, buttons, etc.) are definitely encouraged.
- Artwork will not be insured by Colorado College during transit or while on site.
Send work to:
The Press at Colorado College
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Please write “Amplify Show” on the labels or packages.
REMINDER: If you want your pieces returned, you must use reusable packaging and include a return shipping label.
Aaron Cohick, Printer of The Press at Colorado College
|From A People's Curriculum for the United States, by Cuneiform Press|